Geomatics team provides survey, cartography and GIS services to the company, and other organizations. The team has state of the art equipment such as total station, Geodetic GPS Surveying system and modern ammonia printing machine. Data processing is computerized.
This is coupled with well trained and experienced staff and has been key towards geothermal development in Kenya as well as consulting for other institutions in the region. KenGen has qualified and experienced GIS/Geomatics expertise in engineering and cadastral survey, topographical mapping, GIS and remote sensing, geospatial data acquisition, analysis, processing, interpretation and presentation.
The services offered include precision surveys like horizontal and vertical deformation monitoring of fields under production, training on use of GIS applications, establishment of coordinated control networks, boundary survey, engineering surveys & drawings and maps production.
Geomatic Services include;-
- Precise leveling for deformation monitoring in dams, geothermal fields and engineering structures
- Engineering surveys
- GIS applications
- Design of control survey network and setting up of control points
- Property surveys for land acquisition, lease and demarcation
- Mapping of facilities and infrastructures
- Information and knowledge audit
- Records management policies development
- Conservation and preservation of information materials
- Setting up of libraries and record centers